Canadian actress Michelle Mylett is best known for her current role in the popular comedy series ‘Letterkenny’. She has appeared in many other roles during her career as an entertainer, and even received an award nomination. Let’s take a look at who the lady behind the fame is.
Early Life and Family
In 1989, on 4 January, Robyn Michelle Mylett was born in Ladysmith, British Colombia, Canada. She has an older brother, Patrick and a younger sister, Mikayla Mary Mylett.
Not much is known about Michelle’s family or early days. Her mother watched many TV shows, especially sitcoms and romantic films, which made Michelle her curious about becoming an actress. In fact, according to a report by ‘Legit’, Michelle vowed to one day become a television star.
It is not public knowledge which schools Michelle attended, however, it is known that she joined acting classes to hone her skills.
She had a role in a play in high school that she apparently did very well in, which is believed to have influenced her decision not to attend college, but pursue an acting career instead.
Michelle started her career as one of the BC Lions of the Canadian Football League’s cheerleaders, her first job after finishing high school. Her first acting role came in 2010 when she starred in ‘Lost Girl’.
After this, Michelle appeared in ‘The Drownsman’ and ‘She Stoops to Conquer’.
The young actress had supporting roles in TV series’ ‘Ascension’, ‘The Strain’ and ‘Antisocial’ at this time, and she also appeared in ‘Anticosial 2’ in 2015.
In 2016, she was cast in the role she is now known for – Katy in ‘Letterkenny’, which Michelle still holds. She’s landed jobs in movies too since 2016, such as ‘5 Films about Technology’, ‘Buckout Road’, ‘El Camino Christmas’ and ‘Goliath’.
Michelle has also appeared in other TV series while starring in ‘Letterkenny’.
She played the role of Jamie in ‘Four in the Morning’, and is also part of ‘Bad Blood’ – a miniseries based on the life of Montreal mob boss Vitto Rizzuto. Alongside Michelle are stars Anthony LaPaglia and Kim Coates.
Hobbies, Favourite Things and Interesting Facts
It seems that most Hollywood stars prefer to keep their private lives out of the tabloids and live peaceful lives. Michelle doesn’t overshare information about herself, so we know only a few details about her.
- Her nickname is Mish (or Mesh) and she is known to colour her hair in different shades – she’s sported red and blonde hair before.
- Michelle had an endorsement deal with the brand Toronto Grillz.
- She has quite a number of favourite movies: “The Silence Of The Lambs”, “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”, and Pulp Fiction.
- Her favourite TV show is ‘Breaking Bad’.
- She adores the band Nirvana.
- Michelle is a fan of hockey player Jamie Benn.
- Her favourite flower is the lily.
- The actress loves Japanese food and Japan is one of her favourite destinations. She also named Iceland as one of her favourite places in the world, but it’s not clear if she’s been there.
- Michelle enjoys playing golf.
- Halloween is one of her favourite holidays.
- She has previously dressed up as Wednesday Addams from ‘The Addams Family’ and Leelo from ‘The Fifth Element’.
She is active on social media and seems to have fun sharing photos and posts, though she doesn’t reveal a lot about her private life. Michelle has more than one social media platform on which she connects with fans, on Twitter and on Instagram.
Michelle is currently dating Jesse Antler, a man that she has been with for more than two years. Jesse doesn’t seem to be famous, and his Instagram account doesn’t reveal anything about his career. Judging by the photos shared on social media by the couple, they appear to be happy together. She currently lives in Toronto, Canada, where she stays active by regularly getting new roles.
- Date of Birth: 4 January 1989
- Star Sign: Capricorn
- Eye Color: Brown
- Hair Color: Brown
- Height: 5ft 6ins (1.73 m)
- Weight: 125lbs (57kgs)
- Nationality: Canadian
- Race: Caucasian
- Bra Size: Unknown
- Vital Statistics: Unknown
- Shoe Size: 7 (US)
Michelle has worked hard and earned herself a handsome amount of money. She has been active for about a decade, and according to reports, she brings in more than $90,000 a year from her roles in TV shows and films. It’s estimated that Michelle’s net worth is close to $1 million as of early 2020; since she is continuing to work on shows, both her income and net worth should reach new heights.